Am I a sexist??

1. incisive in their assessment of the game
    2. fit

• @Ringers 😂
    find that american one fucking annoying tbh

• Don’t tell me that anybody’s actually watching any of this World Cup? Surely nobody’s this much of a football addict?

• @Timothee-Atouba its actually really good imo. Very little diving or faking injuries and its very attacking.

• @Timothee-Atouba Got to, FI are planning on adding the womens teams in 20/21.

Major money to be made :)

• @Black-wolf said in Am I a sexist??:

@Timothee-Atouba its actually really good imo. Very little diving or faking injuries and its very attacking.

That’s because there’s very little defending

• @Ringers i know ive never been a fan of defending just score more than the other team 🤩

• I watched and will watch all the england games as there is someone to support. Watching england against scotland there was a lot of talent on show and i think womens football is improving all the time. The standout shit area though is goalkeeping. Dear oh dear. Every game i watch the keepers hardly make a decent save, give away at least one goal letting it under their bodies or parrying it to strikers and then simple saves with feet are greeted with "WHAT A SAVE" by the commentators.

• @LuaLua her and lucy bronze are a cut above the rest of our team and caused havoc in the first half down the right against scotland before neville decided to set us up to be negative in the second half

• The most enjoyment I've ever taken from women's football is this thread.

Oh, and there's a Twitter page called Women's Football Fails which has some absolute corkers.

• What about he cunts who cry about no equality when it comes to wages in men and women's football?

• @NewUser297678 said in Am I a sexist??:

I watched and will watch all the england games as there is someone to support. Watching england against scotland there was a lot of talent on show and i think womens football is improving all the time. The standout shit area though is goalkeeping. Dear oh dear. Every game i watch the keepers hardly make a decent save, give away at least one goal letting it under their bodies or parrying it to strikers and then simple saves with feet are greeted with "WHAT A SAVE" by the commentators.

Thank you! I think the goal-keeping is appalling as well. Nobody says anything. I've been watching the women's England team for quite a few years from the days of the pioneering Ms Hope. Their game have improved so much. I'm getting used to not focusing on the good-looking players. Female viewers notice good-looking male players as well. I've heard them mention them when I was at school and at work.

• Tits!

Wots not to like?

Amirite lads? Amirite??👍

• I'm all for encouraging everyone to play the game.

But quite simply, the womens game is nowhere near the mens level. The keepers look scared to break a nail, and as we've seen even international players look to have poor touches, struggle to pass, and do daft things like pass into their own goal, or fail to kick a ball out of touch 2 yards from goal.

When they start whining about wages and not using the stadiums etc. it just makes it look even worse,
    Its not sexist, its shite. I wouldnt watch div 3 of Colombian league live, so why would I watch womens football

• @Long-Haul-Col blimey. Imagine that.

who the fk would buy a keeper in the hope of clean sheet IPD

• firstly i'm all for this 'uber' promoting of the womens game and if it means the free channels get to show sport then it can only be a good thing (it can't be any worse than Eastenders and How to Eat for Less and Holby bloody City can it??)... I heard somewhere the other day that over 6m tuned in to watch Eng v Sco ladies... compare that to ave audiences of 500k on the cricket world cup and that to me suggests that the BBC have got this one right!!! Maybe cricket should try opening their eyes to a none subscriptive audience too???

In fact I would even argue that FA Cup final aside (which i think was shown on none pay TV) it may be the second highest watched football game in England this year???

All reminds me of the Dick Kerr Ladies and when women's football in the 1930s was growing so much that the men put a stop to it once and for all... But if the game continues to be more accessible and better promoted than why not crowds of 40,000 + and tv audiences upwards of a million on a regular basis??? A better more family friendly cheaper alternative than the mans game perhaps????

OK... the point that the level is not that great does slightly hinder this theory.. But i heard one woman make a valid point the other day and she stated "Don't compare it to the mans game".... after all a top international woman probably gets 30k a year... a failed championship loannee probably gets 30k a week!

So onto standard... Womens football is technical, very good formational lineups well coached with teams set up strong defensively but to play the right way with a high skill set in technique, but power, strength, physicality and sometimes decision making is a problem. Technically, and having managed in non league football it is (at the top) more professional than a lot of the best of the lower league teams in England... But the individuals do lack quality in general... I do think there's a few stand out very good players and I do think this is improving all the time, I also think its very hard to criticize as despite it not being a patch on the mans game for speed and power it is the best that women can offer and does offer a different type of football to say the blood and guts and physicality of the Premier League...

Some have suggested smaller pitches and goals might be the answer... I'm not so sure??? I think the game is improving all the time and hats off to them for making this happen.. It's great for every girl in this country that aspires to be a footballer so as long as the game continues to grow i'll support everyone that helps promote it in a positive way!!!

I just wish we could market the likes of cricket, golf, snooker, darts, athletics, rugby league and union as well as they have done recently in womens football as these are all sports now neglected by the masses as soccer is almost becoming a sporting dictatorship for both men and women which can't be that healthy for all the rest of the great games we play!!!!

• Only watched part of the England v Scotland game. The one thing that stood out for me was, is it a prerequisite to have long hair and a pony tail to play ?

• Make it goalie when.

Can’t be any worse.

• @dannypea I agree. It can’t be worse than eastenders but it is inferior to holby city imo.
    In fact I think it’s only eastenders and love island that are worse.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.