Why would you 'Bale' out!

• @Gazz127 Agree. He’s not at the top elite level.

• @Dronny-Gaz

I'm holding tight.. .. he's too good and young to be finished.. . He will be big where ever he goes.. .he aint staying at madrid.. . PSG can get him if neymar/mbappe leaves.. . Plus dont rule out a late man utd bid whem things get desperate at the end .. .

• @Gazz127

Yeah, there was talk of Erikson looking at new contracts today.

It's hard to know which bit of media is being used in the negotiations and which is the legit story. That story about Erikson, could just be his way of getting Real Madrid to decide on him rather than waiting for Pogba.

It's the same with Bale. Man Utd know Real Madrid are desperate to unload Bale, they don't want to pay him £600,000 per week to play golf. It's possible they are trying to lowball Madrid, and walking away publicly could just be their way of putting the pressure on.

Of course... it's possible they just aren't wanting another Sanchez on the books.

Risky indeed.

• It seems to me that Bale holds all the cards.

Real and Zidane by their actions seem to have signalled it's the end of the road for Bale at Madrid.

Problem is, Bale has never stated he wants to leave and is under contract till June 2022 earning a fortune each and every week.

Madrid are looking to rebuild and are already under scrutiny for financial fair play irregularities.

Madrid really do need to offload but I cant see any club paying any sort of fee and £400k a week wages.

Why would Bale give up £400k a week wages unless he is desperate to play which I'm not sure is the case. (3 years at £400k is £60,240,000- )

So in short Madrid are in Shit Street as no club on the planet will pay anything close to those numbers in wages or transfer fee.

Bale is playing hard ball and I cant blame him after the way he has been treated.

Not sure how 12 months of playing golf will affect his price on FI but I suspect it will not be good for holders.

Perhaps by the end of next season he could be a good enough golfer to win the US open......... got to supplement the weekly wage some how :)

• I want Bale to negotiate our Brexit deal!
    He's going to have Madrids pants down :)

• @Dronny-Gaz Good shout, BALE FOR PM

• @Long-Haul-Col

I agree that this is what you are essentially betting against. However, i cannot fathom holders selling off on the back of some dodgy media reports at the beginning of the transfer window.

• @Long-Haul-Col Can't disagree with anything you stated there.

Madrid have to offload him somehow but does he want to go and why should he as he still is under contract and as you say getting paid shed loads.

Bale is in a strong position and just a shame his share price isn't.

• @Long-Haul-Col

I agree with most of that.

It is an unfavourable position for both Madrid and Bale.

Although I'm sure Bale will be happy to pick up his astronomical wages every week whilst not playing, beneath that top knot, is likely a competitive athlete with a desire to challenge himself and compete for honours. A footballers career is finite, and Bale will be at the stage now where he realises he has a limited time left to achieve his playing goals.

I'm almost certain he will be at another club by the end of this transfer window. At the moment it's a game of chess/poker, and the likely outcome I see is Bale on loan to a club willing to pay a small percentage of his wages, with an option to buy in the future should he perform well.

That seems like the the only way Madrid can make the best of a bad situation.

For the record, I don't hold any futures in Bale.

• @johnboywalker Agreed, but from all the reports that I have heard Bale seems quite happy to sit tight and collect his wages.

I suspect he has achieved all his footballing goals, unless he can take Wales to the world cup which will not impact his current club situation.

I believe this could be a long drawn out affair and would not be surprised if he is still at Madrid at the end of the transfer window.

Not great for Bale owners unfortunately

• @Long-Haul-Col said in Why would you 'Bale' out!:

It seems to me that Bale holds all the cards.

Real and Zidane by their actions seem to have signalled it's the end of the road for Bale at Madrid.

Problem is, Bale has never stated he wants to leave and is under contract till June 2022 earning a fortune each and every week.

Madrid are looking to rebuild and are already under scrutiny for financial fair play irregularities.

Madrid really do need to offload but I cant see any club paying any sort of fee and £400k a week wages.

Why would Bale give up £400k a week wages unless he is desperate to play which I'm not sure is the case. (3 years at £400k is £60,240,000- )

So in short Madrid are in Shit Street as no club on the planet will pay anything close to those numbers in wages or transfer fee.

Bale is playing hard ball and I cant blame him after the way he has been treated.

Not sure how 12 months of playing golf will affect his price on FI but I suspect it will not be good for holders.

Perhaps by the end of next season he could be a good enough golfer to win the US open......... got to supplement the weekly wage some how :)

He's actually reputed to earn £600k a week. All the drama with Bale means he'll be in and around the top 5. Plus for me, there's CA. Today I took £105 of just profits, since he's been falling in price in the last few days. This and in the last month, I've withdrawn a total of £760 in profits thinking that he's peaked, but his price continues to hold up. He's currently 19p in the green. No way I'm selling up.

• Amy chance of a loan move to Bayern who have James Rodriguez off the books and may need someone to help bridge the gap between the Robben / Ribery generation and the Gnabry / Davies / Coman generation?
    Long shot.

Either that or it's getting his handicap down and boasting about it on international breaks to Ashley Williams.

• I was 65p in the green still after instant sell so I sold simply to take some tidy profits and not be too greedy. With Utd seemingly out of the race, it was just getting riskier than I'd like.

• I'd offer them Sanchez on a 2 year loan. Similar wages.

There is no way back for Sanchez at United, yet he was a success in La Liga at Barcelona.

There is no way back for Bale at Madrid, yet he was a success in the PL at Spurs.

Straight swop would suit both parties. 👍

• Completely agree with the main topic of this thread.
    I think bale will go united or spurs, most likely some sort of loan deal.
    💰💰💰

• Spurs would have to be stupid to take Bale back. Yes, he's still a good player, but he could cost two or three times more (in terms of combined transfer fee, wages and signing on fee) than someone like Donny van de Beek.

Bale is a former World Class player, who will miss 10-15 matches every season through injury and who in 5 years time will be almost worthless.

van de Beek is a future World Class player, who will spend a lot less time injured and who in 5 years will probably be worth double or treble what he is now.

I can't see Levy throwing lots of money down the drain on Bale.

As Utd have found out with Sanchez, signing ageing players on big contracts is a massive risk. A loan deal might make Bale look more attractive, but even then Spurs would probably need to contribute £300k + towards his £500k+ wages. That's a massive amount of money.

• Gareth bale doesn't need Man U for media buzz because he is a big name, the premier league is enough.

• The only way he moves back to spurs is if real wave the loan fee and pay half his wages. The max I can see levy paying would be £200k/wk and would be very late in window if real don’t get any other offers beforehand

• I don’t see why a prem team wouldn’t take him on loan; £400k a week is around £12 mill a year. Stick an option to buy in there and I think it’s a win/win for all parties

• @Dronny-Gaz

Unfortunately the way FI works.. he in free fall now : (

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.