Moussa Djenepo Signs for Southampton

• Just announced.

• Awesome record for Mali too with 7 goals in 8 games so should get some good coverage at the Afcon. First game is against Mauritania as well so he should get about 12 :D

• Nice. I got 200 of him @ 51p just a few weeks ago. Now @ 80p and climbing. The next Sadio Mane!!

• Will admit I’ve never heard of him. Any good ?

• I’m a holder, certainly a talent. If he gets anywhere near Manes level I’ll be a happy man 😝

• As a Saints fan I am quite excited by this! Looks like we are going back to our previously successful model of scouting which signed the like of Mane, Van Djik, Tadic, Wanyama i.e. signing players who have done very well in non PB leagues. Very likely to get a lot of game time this season as offers pace and trickery which we don't have much in our side outside of Redmond and Sims, and first glance suggest he's got a better eye for goal than both of those (or perhaps equal to Redmond level). My gut tells me we have another gem here and hopefully not another Elyounoussi

• @NewUser284339 lets hope so. As a Saints season ticket holder I feel I should get involved! Just annoyed it wasn't when this was first linked!

• Ive seen a few people buying him last night/this morning, Hes supposedly been ruled out of tonights game, with Che Adams in instead.. is there a logic to buying him today if not playing??

• @Ole-ole I was thinking the same thing. I don’t think people do their research sometimes. I imagine when the team sheet comes out those people will panic sell!

• I think a number of people are buying him in the hope that he is the next Mane rather than just on this one game. He has scored two worldies already and looks a hell of a player. Most would have got on when he was around the 1 quid mark which is very cheap nowadays for an upcoming flair player.

• As a holder and Saints fan, its slightly annoying that after both his goals he has been injured the game after.. but I think he is a solid long term hold. Be silly for people to be selling as he won't feature tonight.

• @NewUser59887 .. I haven't seen any selling yet, but il be interested to see how many of the ones that have bought/buying last 12 hours or so will sell if he doesn't play..

• I've market sold all my Djenepo shares with the injury news and the tough Southampton fixtures ahead. They were snapped up in no time though. Big interest in him. Hopefully he'll still be at a reasonable price in a month's time when I hope to get back on.

• @Ole-ole there will surely be a drop off, but if he plays on Tuesday he has a chance to be a hero in the South Coast derby. For me, he's a worthy long term hold, but can see why people may be tempted to sell now after his spike last week.