Pogba drop...

• @Ericali I was very sceptical of him leaving and to be fair Rooney said he wanted to leave twice if i remember rightly and stayed each time but there is a video of Pogba saying he wants a new challenge so it's not just been misinterpreted. I guess it's between Real and Juve but is Juve a "new challenge" and can Real actually afford him with what they've already spent.

• @Shippers said in Pogba drop...:

@Ericali I was very sceptical of him leaving and to be fair Rooney said he wanted to leave twice if i remember rightly and stayed each time but there is a video of Pogba saying he wants a new challenge so it's not just been misinterpreted. I guess it's between Real and Juve but is Juve a "new challenge" and can Real actually afford him with what they've already spent.

Like you say - it's straight from the horses mouth, I can't believe people are still debating it. But it is what it is...

"Ostrich" is a word that springs to mind.

With the new challenge - you would presume Madrid over Juventus.

I think they will probably need to clear a few out to raise the capital but there's a lot that could leave.

Navas, Isco, Asensio, Bale, Vasquez, Benzema, Kovacic

• Swap fur eriksen soonds good t me

• Utd stink of desperation at the moment. I wouldn't bet against them keeping Pogba to try and maintain their big club image. Wrong decision in my opinion but the club is seemingly run by the inept so I think he will stay or they'll do a last minute panic deal for like 100 mil plus a player at the twilight of their career.

• So if he gets a clean sweep of 3ps for the rest of the summer (till August 15th) he’ll get you £1.80 a share. That more or less covers a drop from where he’s at now to £5. In your opinions is it therefore better to buy now to reap divs and bet against a drop of that magnitude, or bet on a big drop and pounce near the start of the season?

• @Ericali the problem here is, who is gonna want to join this shit show , knowing your only top outfield player is going, and de gea is probs right behind him, and an inexperienced manager at a team with no real style of play, only players you will be able attract are youngsters like James or mercenaries who just want more cash

• @Ericali think he likes isco and ascenio to much which would raise the most but you never know. I would of thought Pogba wouldn't of made the point if he wasn't confident of someone buying him or if something wasn't already in motion.

• @Jad1982 said in Pogba drop...:

@Ericali the problem here is, who is gonna want to join this shit show , knowing your only top outfield player is going, and de gea is probs right behind him, and an inexperienced manager at a team with no real style of play, only players you will be able attract are youngsters like James or mercenaries who just want more cash

It maybe best for De Gea to follow him out the door, Rashford too, if neither of them except the excellent £300,000 a week contacts on offer.

We may need to go in a different direction. Players who haven't had there hunger dulled by cash.

Throwing 500k on the likes of Sanchez hasn't worked...

Time to target young players & reward them if there performances warrant it on the pitch - I'm all for the change of direction by OGS & the board.

He also has a clear style of play, he wants to play quick, counter-attacking football like we did in the late 90s.

The signing of the super fast winger James & links to a speedy right wingers (Sancho, Pepe) signify this.

• @Shippers said in Pogba drop...:

@Ericali think he likes isco and ascenio to much which would raise the most but you never know. I would of thought Pogba wouldn't of made the point if he wasn't confident of someone buying him or if something wasn't already in motion.

Totally agree, the wheels are in motion behind the scenes. Otherwise, like you said why risk the wrath of the fans? They are already pretty pissed with him as shown by the Cardiff game last season.

His agent can now do business again now from Friday after having his ban overturned & now this on Sunday.

Things are moving quickly....

• @Ericali Do you see Icardi fitting in?

I ask because I hold as I think he has potential and would be dynamite in a team like united, MB wise, and again today he is being linked, but I am unsure of what will happen if a move doesn't happen (and the odds of players linked to united not being signed are high because they get linked with everyone)

• @Ericali I can't say I disagree with you to be fair, i would be all for a major clear out, Sanchez and lukaku would be gone first, then all of the defence would be sold off cheap, plus I'd try do do a swap plus cash with de gea. Do you think pogs could change he's mind if they make him clubs highest earner ? which wouldn't be a major increase in wages for man u to give up, and can always sell him next year when Madrid can actually afford it

• @MrWh1te said in Pogba drop...:

@Ericali Do you see Icardi fitting in?

I ask because I hold as I think he has potential and would be dynamite in a team like united, MB wise, and again today he is being linked, but I am unsure of what will happen if a move doesn't happen (and the odds of players linked to united not being signed are high because they get linked with everyone)

That's it - we are linked with every man & his dog 🐕

I think he could fit, depending on what happens with Rashford & whether the board are willing to wait on him.

With the likely departure of Lukaku it's clear the are willing to give Rashford backing for the No.9 spot depending on the outcome of his contract talks.

If he pisses around too much they may call his bluff & look to someone like Icardi in a swop deal with Lukaku & tell Rashford he has blew his chance.

• @Jad1982 said in Pogba drop...:

Do you think pogs could change he's mind if they make him clubs highest earner ? which wouldn't be a major increase in wages for man u to give up, and can always sell him next year when Madrid can actually afford it

I don't.... Looking at the Twitter reaction & from a few mates who have texted me since video came out, I think the fans have had enough - I certainly have.

We just want the best deal we can get as long as the money is invested back into the team, I don't think too many people are that bothered.

Rice (60m) & Maddison (70m) would suit me down to the ground. 👍

Or share wise, if Pepe rocked up for 70m with another CM to replace Pogba I'd take that too. 💰

• @Ericali completely agree, shame really because you can see he is a hell of a player on his day (Chelsea fa cup game as an example). Since joining 6 months ago I pondered about buying as felt he would stay. The comments from today reassure me I made the right choice in not buying plus they also tell me why his performances were so poor towards the end of season

If he stays he will rise again but too risky for me. There is a video from givemesport (I think) which shows him saying the exact words quoted for people who are unsure if it's being misquoted (as that happens alot).

• @Ericali

You need to find the right sort of players to bring in, they needn't cost the world.

Example: Utd 90/91Transfers IN!

Kanchelskis
    Irwin

Oh and Giggs came through, though I think history should ignore Ralph Milne.

• @Ellisandro Ralph Milne.... He was so slow - I've had bottles of milk which turned quicker than him.

Tsygankov another Ukrainian like Kanchelskis, who plays RW & wouldn't cost the earth.

• @Ericali yeah I'd be pissed at him too, but I remember a few years ago Rooney was saying he wanted to leave when fergie was there, and man city was on his case, fergie even came out and said looks like he's going, and then a new contract was put in front of him and he signed it. The same story with de gea, all set to go, man utd pulled a slick move in sending fax a few mins too late and he signed a new deal. Money talks and from what I've been reading, the Madrid President hates raiola, so not sure negotiations will be smooth sailing, but right now it looks like he wants to go, itll all come down to, IF Madrid can raise the cash to force the sale through, which is a big IF

• Will be interesting to see what this does to other players price if United get a windfall here. Might mean Bruno and Koulibaly back on

• Shit did I miss something, I was at the netball 👀

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.