Pogba will not be sold

• Why would OGS and Utd let him ever leave?
    Status of midfield: Herrera gone, Matic too old / slow and the youngsters not good enough except for Mctominlay who for me is good for 20 pl starts.
    Unless Utd are looking to buy a whole new midfield then Pogba stays.

Expect £9 per share by end year if he stays with a lot of dividends along the way.

• Because he is toxic - If Mourinho couldn’t handle his personality I doubt that OGS will fancy it.

He is also massively inconsistent on the pitch and a lot of managers would prefer the funds to build a completely new midfield of their own.

• He’s said he wants to leave, so he’s completed the alienation from fans and staff that he started last season. I think they may well try to keep hold of him but in my opinion they should sell now rather than after a season or half season of him moping around on the pitch, making provocative Instagram posts off it and generally bringing Utd down in the process. It would make for MB nirvana if he does stay but I feel it would be a bad decision for Utd because they won’t have ‘World Cup winner Paul Pogba’ at the club, they’ll have a wantaway diva who does them no good at all

• My only question is...

CAN Real Madrid afford him???? (ie don't they need players to leave to ensure FFP doesn't penalise them first)...

and

DOES anyone else want him??????

After all Juventus is not exactly a 'new challenge' and PSG is no longer the exciting club that everybody wants to go to....

I really can't see many takers????

• @Chris-J Just because Sadsack didn't get on with him, doesn't mean he was toxic. The special once has fallen out with more players than I've had hot dinners, were the entire Chelsea squad and staff toxic? Granted, Pogba can be a bit of a cock at times, but you don't chop your cock off to spite your face.

• @dannypea
    Madrid is the only link that has any credibility to it in my opinion, it’s the only club he wants to go to and the only club/manager that really wants him and could afford him. But it’s a big ‘could’, which is what is making this ‘keep shares/sell shares’ discussion the most interesting and divisive we’ve had on here.
    Madrid have enough money in players if they can sell them. If they buy him now they’ve got till late September to make the money back in sales. Risky business. Fuck knows what’s going to happen!

• @Jimbob
    He won’t be a proud throbbing cock if he stays though. He’ll be a flaccid, impotent tragedy that just depresses you every time you see him.

• @Specksynder I heard on talksport this morning they are only 5/4 to get him.... and usually when something is a goer the odds are much shorter!!!!

I do think the 'only' reason why Real Madrid might not sign him is down to FFP and the fact they've signed Jovic & Hazard but as you say if they can get rid of the likes of Bale, James and a couple more just to balance the books it should then put them in a stronger position?

That said Neymar is seemingly available too... it could be a toss up between both because i doubt even FFP could justify them buying both in the same window without major consequences?????

• @Specksynder Either way, I reckon we'll be waving it in people's faces for another season yet.

• Embarrassing state of affairs for United! Could you imagine Fergie tolerating this bullshit? If a player wants out, let him go! No player is bigger than ANY club. Obviously, they have to say that he's under contract and not for sale to boost the fee, but Pogba is everything that is wrong with the game and United should get rid. He has hardly set the league alight or come anywhere near to justifying his fee.

• I think United need to keep him until Christmas at least.
    If they let him go because he "wants out" then it sets a dangerous precedent for a once-dominant club.
    Slippery slope.

As a Liverpool fan, this would of course break my heart 😉

• I actually can’t see any club paying the £120mil + It would take to sign him - take away his penalties and you not only have an inconsistent performer but also bang average stats.

He is a long way off being the Ballon D’Or contender you’d expect for that kind of money.

Tactically he is an awkward one too - still don’t know what type of midfielder he is supposed to be. Graeme Souness gets a lot of stick but he is right in a lot of his criticism.

• @Chris-J said in Pogba will not be sold:

He is a long way off being the Ballon D’Or contender you’d expect for that kind of money.

To think that Man U paid £90m for him, and £75m (+£15m addons) for Lukaku... madness.

• Emotions aside he’s probably staying and shooting up in value. Especially when more and more investors realise the true value is on players who earn dividends and potential future dividend earners.

There will be a time when the wave on prices on mediocre players will be redundant.

How 25- 30+ year old players who don’t or hardly ever win dividends are priced £2:50 + is totally unbelievable.

Bubble on those players will burst as it’s a total false economy.

• @dannypea

Real Madrid earn the most money in football, they turned over $750m in the 17/18 season alone and have reportedly said that they'd spend half a billion euro's. They're at £276m at the minute, so there's a Pogba size cash pot waiting to be spent.

The vast majority of their earnings come through sponsorship, TV rights and oversees friendlies, which is why buying big named mega stars is their top priority, in the same way movies like to have big named stars attached to draw in crowds and sponsors.

Also if you look at Madrids transfer history over the last 3 years, they're about £60m up in sales since the 2016/17 season and they started that time period by winning the Champions League in 2015/16 (£70m), then won it twice more (£140m) and won La Liga (£165m). So they're winnings and transfer profits combined make for around £435m and that's before you factor in their main sources of income, so they probably can afford it and justify it too.

The Tax Write Off
    If a club is left with a huge profit, they're going to pay a huge tax bill. BUT... if they buy a big player, their profits are reduced and their tax bill comes down. Better to bring in Pogba for £120m than pay the taxman £120m.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertkidd/2019/01/24/real-madrid-beat-barcelona-as-highest-revenue-generating-team-in-world-soccer/#48932adab0df

• @Dan-The-Man said in Pogba will not be sold:

@dannypea

Real Madrid earn the most money in football, they turned over $750m in the 17/18 season alone and have reportedly said that they'd spend half a billion euro's. They're at £276m at the minute, so there's a Pogba size cash pot waiting to be spent.

The vast majority of their earnings come through sponsorship, TV rights and oversees friendlies, which is why buying big named mega stars is their top priority, in the same way movies like to have big named stars attached to draw in crowds and sponsors.

Also if you look at Madrids transfer history over the last 3 years, they're about £60m up in sales since the 2016/17 season and they started that time period by winning the Champions League in 2015/16 (£70m), then won it twice more (£140m) and won La Liga (£165m). So they're winnings and transfer profits combined make for around £435m and that's before you factor in their main sources of income, so they probably can afford it and justify it too.

The Tax Write Off
    If a club is left with a huge profit, they're going to pay a huge tax bill. BUT... if they buy a big player, their profits are reduced and their tax bill comes down. Better to bring in Pogba for £120m than pay the taxman £120m.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertkidd/2019/01/24/real-madrid-beat-barcelona-as-highest-revenue-generating-team-in-world-soccer/#48932adab0df

All very well, but where does the £500m new stadium fit into this? And where did they say they would spend half a billion Euro?

• @Dan-The-Man said in Pogba will not be sold:

@dannypea

Big difference between turnover and profit. They may have turned over $750 but without a profit figure that's meaningless.

• @kristiang85 said in Pogba will not be sold:

All very well, but where does the £500m new stadium fit into this?

Stadium improvements aren't counted against FFP

And where did they say they would spend half a billion Euro?

There's about 100 articles on it across every media outlet, with just about all of them reporting on the purchase of Milato, Hazard and Pogba. 2 of those have come true already and Madrid have spent big with Pogba and Zidane both making it clear there's a desire to get Pogba playing in Madrid. The posturing by United is either them trying to hike up his fee OR them being serious about trying to keep him.

https://www.google.com/search?q=real+madrid+500m&oq=real+madrid+500m&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60l3.8631j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

• @ShaneH said in Pogba will not be sold:

Big difference between turnover and profit. They may have turned over $750 but without a profit figure that's meaningless.

It's not meaningless, FFP is based on revenues generated on a rolling 3 year period, not profit. Also, profit factors in tax, tax is lower when buying a player.

Not to mention, that's just one year. Real Madrid's income pretty much grows every year as new TV deals are struck in more territories and their brand power grows internationally.

• The stadium isn't included in FFP, but they still need to pay for it.

Also the €500m might well be contingent on player sales as well.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.