Champions League 19/20, Surprise Package

• Which team (like Ajax this year) will be the un-fancied team to come through to the later stages of the CL, despite, Ajax, in the dutch league do not receive PB.

I'll start with Lille, but based on the current line up and that may change.

Reason I ask is, I would wager that that Ajax had the highest rise in percentage terms for the players over the course of the season.(young, talented and TFR targets, all great in FI terms)

Which team in the CL will see the greatest squad growth?

PL teams, Barca, Madrid, PSG Juve are excluded

• Using your criteria, I'd have to go with Dortmund albeit not exactly a rank outsider. They have strengthened and could be a force next season.

• Liepzig,
    Really good goalkeeper, up and coming centre backs, in fact they are looking good everywhere and if they keep Werner imo could challenge for the Bundesliga.

• I'll go for the other Red Bull team - Salzburg.
    Always have a very good crop of youngsters and I'll use this Ajax comparison:
    Ajax - 2016/2017 Europa League runners up, 2 years later Champions League Semi-Final.
    Salzburg - 2017/2018 Europa League semi-finalists, 2 years later ????
    I think they're gonna surprise a lot of teams

• Think Atalanta will suprise the outside world.
    Scored the most goals in serie a last season so could have some exciting matches which is always good for exposure.
    Everyone inside Fi should already know this team well tho.

• @LuaLua haven't they brought in Luis Muriel as well? Big eyes on Pasalic from me!

• I second Atalanta, just invested in Mario Pasalic 46p and Remo Freuler 48p. Midfielders. Pasalic scored 5 in 33 games. Both will get ample game time this season. Also in their national team squads : Freuler- Switzerland and Pasalic- Croatia, so you’d assume with a good season they’d be at the Euros. 1p spreads as well.

• Atalanta play Swansea, Norwich and Leicester within the next week or so so should be some good MB if any players do the business.

• @LuaLua I'm personally in big on Luis Muriel, expecting Atalanta to surprise some people and Muriel to bang in the goals

• @gball1975 said in Champions League 19/20, Surprise Package:

Atalanta play Swansea, Norwich and Leicester within the next week or so so should be some good MB if any players do the business.

To consider mb is wildly ambitious, but it's a good scouting opportunity. Great time to jump on before everyone else notices these lot.