Manuel Akanji

• Laporte is 25yrs old and costs £1.78 won 12p in divs in 45 games
    Akanji is 23 and costs £1.38* and won 17p in divs in 30 games

Can see a big correction coming in Akanjis price. Dortmund likely to have more games next season.
    Akanji was also injured for eight games.

Should be a very good solid pb hold. Currently cheap.

• 1.38 mate but agree wae u

• I own Laporte and think he's becoming very expensive!
    Don't know if its people piling their money into a "safe bet" before end of the month.

• @Neil2265 you reckon? still think laporte has a lot to go. Would say he is man city's best defender and has a PB average of 115. Only thing holding him back is he has 0 chance of MB unless he gets sent off or injured.

• @Ross12 A little, not involved in the France setup thinking ahead to the Euros.
    But i agree he's their best defender and with Kompany gone he could become more of a goal threat as Kompany was the main target man from corners etc.
    Will continue to hold either way!

• I think both Laporte and Akanji are starting to appear overpriced...unlikely to see much MB and 5p for a treble PB win isn't much of a return at their prices. I sold my Akanji and Zagadou recently as I'm not convinced they offer the same prospects as Schulz and Hummels in terms of returns.

• @Yellow interesting thought that, havent checked their respective prices but I think hummels is roughly half akanjis price. Maybe he returns twice the divs but probably not. Might have to swap. Not sure

• I have to disagree. @Yellow I still think Akanji is a must hold. Yield of 12.06%. Anything considered over 10% is elite compared to most of the index.
    12% is in the top 25 for under 26 year olds and a lot of the ones above him have questionable circumstances.

Zagadou doesn't have a great yield atm (4%) but he is 20 and could increase output next year easily. 21s and below generally dont have yields above 5% because people kindof expect their output to double when they get more game time. I dunno his team pecking order situation tho. Not number 1.

Hummels will have a good yield yeah. Above 10% but you do need it to be above that for older players.

Schulz I can't comment dunno his situation really. But he's never won pb and hoffenheim were a exciting attacking team under nagelsman so even at dortmund I dunno if he has amazing pb potential tbh.

Laporte is a little overpriced I agree. Still at like 7% yield tho which ain't bad. And he seems to be rising very nicely and steadily as people like a few solid pb pillars in their port and comparing him to akanji they clearly like people who they have actually have heard of out of fi.

Combining cap app and divs I think Akanji is still very much the best option imo.

• @LuaLua said in Manuel Akanji:

I have to disagree. @Yellow I still think Akanji is a must hold. Yield of 12.06%. Anything considered over 10% is elite compared to most of the index.
    12% is in the top 25 for under 26 year olds and a lot of the ones above him have questionable circumstances.

Zagadou doesn't have a great yield atm (4%) but he is 20 and could increase output next year easily. 21s and below generally dont have yields above 5% because people kindof expect their output to double when they get more game time. I dunno his team pecking order situation tho. Not number 1.

Hummels will have a good yield yeah. Above 10% but you do need it to be above that for older players.

Schulz I can't comment dunno his situation really. But he's never won pb and hoffenheim were a exciting attacking team under nagelsman so even at dortmund I dunno if he has amazing pb potential tbh.

Laporte is a little overpriced I agree. Still at like 7% yield tho which ain't bad. And he seems to be rising very nicely and steadily as people like a few solid pb pillars in their port and comparing him to akanji they clearly like people who they have actually have heard of out of fi.

Combining cap app and divs I think Akanji is still very much the best option imo.

Maybe you're right and I'm being greedy with yields after having it so good for so long.

My assumption is that Hummels is joining to be number 1 given that Dortmund spent €34m on him and Akanji is his most likely partner from what I can see, not sure about Diallo and then Zagadou.

Schulz never won PB but also played in an inferior team and has the misfortune as being classed as a midfielder. He did get reclassified as a defender for a bit but it switched back again to a midfielder. His PB will be better for being in a better team and with a game winning goal he has a chance. I'm not betting on him being reclassified again but if he does then it'll be a huge boost.

• Do people still think akanji is A good hold? I have held for a couple of months but in the red..I know he was good for PB last year but haven’t had anything just yet. Thoughts?

• @HPcoys The arrival of Hummels for sure has given him more competition for PB, in my opinion Hummels is going to score better than Akanji based on how things have started.

It's still early on in the season though so if you believe in the player hold on. Even if not for such a young player and a 3 year bet should be better moments to sell.

• @DW yeah it’s odd because neither of them seem to be PB-ing particularly well this season even though they e had a clean sheet or two...as a young starting centre back I had faith in him but getting abit twitchy with him!

• @HPcoys with all due respect, how many games into the season are we?

• @Stevo four games. Yes I get that is early, but having been keeping an eye on his scores surprised he’s not been anywhere near PB even when they had a clean sheet yesterday. Hence asking for opinions on him from the forum...I assume your opinion is that he’s a good hold?

• Akanji is a brilliant hold he won PB 4 times last season and star man twice. He will get wins this season aswell regardless of who else is in the team im sure of it. In regards to Dortmund’s defence im also looking forward to seeing Zagadou this season as he also had very good pb scores ip until his injury.

• @HPcoys I accept that them resigning hummels has had an impact on the other dortmund defenders but I think 4 games in is a short time to make a proper assessment. Akanji is class and I've no doubt he will win some PB. I certainly wouldn't sell at a loss.