Best way to make money off a tenner?

• Hi, I've just found this website and thought id put some money on and see how i could do. Ive started small amount with 10 pounds and im wondering what is the best way to make money with this amount. Whether I invest in large names or smaller players? Thanks

• Don't want to put you off mate but must say for the way this site works that is a very small amount. Have a read of how to make money on the index online and see what might work best for you. Bit obvious but to be honest I'd probably say buy one share in Neymar - most expensive player on the index but guaranteed dividends for the rest of the season and the World Cup and I expect his price to keep going up as new members join. That'll leave you just under a quid to put on a prospect you think will be a Premier League superstar in years to come. Either sell when they are being transfer linked and have had media buzz or hold on and see if they bring you performance dividends. Once you start you'll probably want to invest a lot more anyway ;) Good luck!

• I also started off with a tenner not too long ago. Put £80 in to date and have a portfolio worth £101 so not done too bad. Still a very small amount compared to most but its more for a bit of fun at the moment!

• nothing wrong with starting with a tenner, you get the same percentage ROI as you do a grand... the only question is strategy.... is it quick flip? long term hold? media/performance buzz dividends you are after??? how much do you want to return from your tenner??? its all very well saying 'pay this make that' but you need to have a strategy and stick with your gameplan.... I believe everyone that does ok on here has their own spreadsheet and i'm no different... buy low sell high is a good strategy to start with but look for players where you can see potential growth within the next three years. Is player A going to get better? are they attracting media attention? are they in good form and the best in their position at their club? Are they playing for a move? If yes to most of these then you can't go far wrong no matter what you are paying for your player(s).

• @dannypea Im not in a rush to make any money. So i guess more long term investments with some MB and PB players in there aswell.

• MB players you'll need to pay big bucks for which makes things difficult for a tenner... cheap PB players could potentially offer good value, take Friday night when there's only a handful (4 games)... Look at who's likely to play 90 mins and who's likely to score/keep a clean sheet/ pass the ball a lot etc and you might have a chance in some returns... Personally if it was me though, I would use all that £10 and stick it on Neymar or Kane (with a bit of change on a future star)... you'll be likely to win a couple of MB a month, should win the odd PB along the way too and growth in price is almost guaranteed within the three years!

• @LeojKub99 how about this total £9.92

Mid giovanni lo celso £1.91
    Mid son heung min £1.4
    Def nicolas otamendi £2.23
    Def kieran trippier £0.73
    Fwd Luis.suarez £2.09
    Fwd simone Verdi £1.56

• Or blow the lot on CHALABOH, returning to the Watford team late Feb - WC potential and a class payer - but everyone is aware of this🙂

• @dannypea said in Best way to make money off a tenner?:

MB players you'll need to pay big bucks for which makes things difficult for a tenner... cheap PB players could potentially offer good value, take Friday night when there's only a handful (4 games)... Look at who's likely to play 90 mins and who's likely to score/keep a clean sheet/ pass the ball a lot etc and you might have a chance in some returns... Personally if it was me though, I would use all that £10 and stick it on Neymar or Kane (with a bit of change on a future star)... you'll be likely to win a couple of MB a month, should win the odd PB along the way too and growth in price is almost guaranteed within the three years!

Agreed ...

I would buy a Harry Kane and sell him the day before England's first game. Any dividends he gets on the way will be a bonus. The last £2 ...