If you could short sell a player who would it be

• @WithoutLimit strongly doubt that considering the way ole has spoken about him.

• Delete this post please.
    I’m balls deep in Hagi at 80p lol

• @NewUser218220 Mason Greenwood at present
    Timothy Weah is down as a Celtic player on loan from PSG, looking very much like a permanent move to Lille is on the cards

• Endless number of u21 tournament players that are at dizzying heights and July 1st could see some largish declines and money moving into the safer holds for next season.

But you could short a multitude of players at the mo as it's hard to spot value at the moment.
    Some sort of correction is needed but after first week of July money is going to be coming back in the index.

Then it's cherry picking time😉

• This will be a very unpopular opinion.

But I'd short Hazard and De Ligt, such is my confidence that they will be 25%+ plus cheaper by Christmas.

I'd also short Pogba, as I don't believe he will stay at Utd for another 3 years and when he leaves, he could drop hugely in value - maybe by as much as 50%.

Bale is another, as I can see him leaving for China or the MLS in the next couple of years. Obviously if he joins Utd this Summer my short selling would massively backfire - but I would take the risk, given the potential rewards.

• @NewUser218220 said in If you could short sell a player who would it be:

“Shorting” selling shares you don’t have

Not sure I understand the question. How can you sell shares you don't have? Is this a typo and you mean selling shares with the hope of buying back in at a lower rate or slagging players that you wished you bought in on hoping the price will drop so you can buy in at a better rate?

• @Martyn-B

It's not worded particularly well. I took it to mean, if it were possible to 'lay' a bet on a particular player falling in value.

• @ocs123 What's your reasoning behind Hazard? He's one I was looking to get on ahead of the new season as I think he'll rip it up over in Spain.

Happy for you to talk me out of it haha!

• @ocs123 said in If you could short sell a player who would it be:

@Martyn-B

It's not worded particularly well. I took it to mean, if it were possible to 'lay' a bet on a particular player falling in value.

Ok, thanks, that makes sense.

• It's a stock market term:

Short sellers borrow shares of stock that they do not own (typically from their broker's street account) and sell those shares at the current market price. The goal is to re-buy those shares of stock at a lower price in the future and then return the borrowed shares to the lender.

So it doesn't really apply to FI but yes basically betting that the value will fall.