Trent Alexander Arnold vs Virgil Van Djik

• Hi all, looking for opinions on which one of these two you think will perform the best next season in terms of;

*MB
    *PB
    *Capital appreciation

Given the similar prices at present I'm trying to decide where my money should go. While I think thier both good investments I'd rather not own two premium defender's from the same team.

• TAA, Younger, cheaper and getting better every year. Will get goals and assists, I think VVD is slightly overvalued already.

TAA will be one of the poster boys for England at the Euros next summer also, so more chance of MB.

That's just my view anyway.

• Virgil Van Dyke - Going to get a lot of MB as Ballon D'or rolls round. Going to be between him and Messi I expect.

Trent Alexander-Arnold good for CA for reasons posted above.

PB I think they will both get the odd one. VVD average 109. TAA lower at 85 but see that improving and having high scoring games.

Both good investments

• Buy both

• @DW I own both and will continue to for the coming year. Liverpool will be going for the title again this coming season which means plenty of assists from TAA and Robbo and with the odd goal from VVD they all add up to good PB points and I'm sure anything outrageous will win MB too. Both great investments in my opinion. I think Robbo would be a good one too and he's much cheaper but not sure how much divis he has won in the past

• @NewUser179755 said in Trent Alexander Arnold vs Virgil Van Dyke:

@DW I own both and will continue to for the coming year. Liverpool will be going for the title again this coming season which means plenty of assists from TAA and Robbo and with the odd goal from VVD they all add up to good PB points and I'm sure anything outrageous will win MB too. Both great investments in my opinion. I think Robbo would be a good one too and he's much cheaper but not sure how much divis he has won in the past

I copied and pasted this from something I posted a few days ago:

Why Robertson? Lots of threads about him on here. He is one of my favourite players and I took the painful decision that I was wrong to hold 200 of him and traded him for Laporte.

The stats don't lie. MB players have a chance to win 365 days of the year. He is a nice quiet Scottish guy in an English media. He has never won a MB penny. Unless he is involved in someone else's story (horror leg break for Sterling, on field dispute with VVD) he never will be.

PB players have a chance about 60 times a year. Scottish player so make that about 48. Minus a few injuries, rests and suspensions. His big problem is he is usually outscored by VVD and TTA. If he cannot beat his own team mates he is never going to win much. He has never won a PB penny. If other 2 are out he might have a chance.

I love him but he is over priced IMO. I traded but might buy in for short hold and IPD's.

All just opinions. Do your research and make your own choices. Good luck!

• @Martyn-B yes completely agree based on last seasons stats but he might have a fantastic season this year which means is value won't look too bad. Always worth a punt for IPD in my opinion but yes definitely do your research before buying in!

• @NewUser179755 Last season he was fantastic, premier league runner up, lots of assists and a CL winner, and not a penny in dividends. How much better can he get?

Like I said, I sold him and I am happy with my reasoning. If I was to pick a World 11
    I would probably have him and Kante in it atm, but I wouldn't have them in my top 500 on FI, some players just not suited to it.

He might get PB on the opening night of the season in a single match day but over the season I feel my money is mostly better value elsewhere.

• @Martyn-B that's fair enough but based on last season. As the index grows he will definitely increase in value. And I do think he's worth a punt on IPDs as he did quite a few assists. Good short to med hold when the new season starts in my opinion

• @NewUser179755 Fair enough. I also hold 100 TAA and 100 VVD and plan to increase both. At the time I held Robbo I only had 300 Walker at Man City, so I decided to increase my odds of a PB win and have 2 players in each team, by swapping Robbo for Laporte.

We all have different opinions and different strategies and their is no right or wrong answers on here.

Also I am Scottish and hope Robbo has an amazing 10 years!

• @Martyn-B I think he's currently the best LB in the Premier league! Long may he improve. I actually think he might bang a few goals in this season! Same with TAA!

• This doesn’t necessarily answer your request however I’d pick Robertson over the both of them. Just saying πŸ‘πŸ»

• @C-Money said in Trent Alexander Arnold vs Virgil Van Dyke:
    As the index grows he will definitely increase in value.

You also dodged a bullet with this quote. @Dan-The-Man wouldn't agree!

• @SuperMan said in Trent Alexander Arnold vs Virgil Van Dyke:

This doesn’t necessarily answer your request however I’d pick Robertson over the both of them. Just saying πŸ‘πŸ»

I give up...πŸ˜‰

• @Martyn-B haha πŸ˜‰.

• What do people think about this question now with the changing in PB metric?

Personally think it benefits VVD more with potential defensive points Vs TAA assist potential.

• @DW I think they come out fairly even - VVD smashes it on aerial duels and long passes, TAA on assists and key passes. Expect both to continue to be up there regularly competing for wins.

• @DW said in Trent Alexander Arnold vs Virgil Van Dyke:

What do people think about this question now with the changing in PB metric?

Personally think it benefits VVD more with potential defensive points Vs TAA assist potential.

I own both. Best to hedge πŸ˜‰

• Best to have both depending on different games I suspect either can score high. The majority of the changes help TAA but VVD wins some amount of aerial duels and last man tackles so its too hard to call

• Trent is going through a little dip in his outstanding form overall (despite 3 assists in the last two games), cutting quite the frustrated figure at times.
    It's no secret that I'm a holder and I always leap to his defence but, in the interests of fairness and honesty, I have to admit he is currently overpriced.

I personally think he absolutely NEEDS to improve his defensive performances to maintain his current price and keep his PB scores high - I watched last night (and other games recently) and he doesnt get across to tackle or block crosses. He just jogs along side and spectates. It's over-confidence I suspect, but it's dangerous. It cost us with the second Everton goal yesterday and it's costing traders potential PB points.

When it's a completely one-sided game where Liverpool are attacking constantly (lots of crosses, corners etc) then it's likely TAA will dominate the def PB in the team.

However, the longer our unbeaten run goes on, the more teams will attack us and want to be the one to spoil it...and this is where proper defenders like VVD and Lovren are seeing more of the ball, earning lots more MB points from clearances and aerial duals won.

So, being completely impartial, I would not advise anyone to buy TAA right now.
    Your Β£6.42 per share could get you a lot more for your money elsewhere.
    I would also advise anyone who currently holds TAA not to panic. The price is dropping but this is mainly due to people listing on the market
    His instant sell price is Β£5.76 - anyone instant selling TAA is losing 66p (ironically πŸ˜‰) so they'd be absolutely mental to think they can recover that anytime soon.

TAA needs a big performance Saturday away to Bournemouth.
    Harry Wilson is ineligible to play against us so that's one good thing 😊