Football index information bugging

• I’m fed up constantly seeing the wrong clubs on so many players. Surely this is information that has to be correct 100% of the time as we as traders are investing our money based on information. FI needs to update their information more regularly. If people make losses on a player showing the wrong information surly if they took it further would be intitled to receiving their investment back. They also need to bring in more players. So many times last season I’d find a decent player and once searched for couldn’t be found. I love this platform but some basic shit they need to sort.

• I agree, my brother signed up with £20 a few weeks ago and the first thing he said was "why is Rooney still listed as Man united". He lost interest fairly soon after that so this is an issue limiting the number of users and money in the platform.
    I can put up with it but I see why it would put some people off, doesn't come across as professional.

• Totally agree if you invest in a player off information provided by fi and it goes tits up they should be liable. Having said that I do my own research so not an issue.
    You can request players you have researched to be added. IPOs are back for the begining of the season according to AC

• @Neil2265 doesn't give anyone starting confidence to put money in when they see things like that.

• The issues with incorrect teams makes no sense - it can only be a data feed so I can't understand how they have so many players with the wrong teams. I can't believe they're using a 3rd party that would have out of data like that.
    It should be a simple task to fix data feeds regardless.

• Rafael Marquez is still on the index. It says he plays for Barcelona.

he hasnt played for Barcelona in nearly 10 years and he retired from football a year ago. His last club game was in April 2018 and his last international game was for Mexico in the world cup, the same year. Then he retired.

They model themselves on the stock market, imagine somebody selling you shares in something that didnt exist.

• Not sure how to screenshot but try searching for Billy Gilmour.
    I don't see many people investing in a 134yr old Ice Hockey Winger.

• @janner73 said in Football index information bugging:

The issues with incorrect teams makes no sense - it can only be a data feed so I can't understand how they have so many players with the wrong teams. I can't believe they're using a 3rd party that would have out of data like that.

I can only assume it's all grown so quickly that these issues have become the least of their worries.

It's the prospectus' that get me the most, they've been manually written by someone at FI but are so out of date now.

• @Yellow said in Football index information bugging:

@janner73 said in Football index information bugging:

The issues with incorrect teams makes no sense - it can only be a data feed so I can't understand how they have so many players with the wrong teams. I can't believe they're using a 3rd party that would have out of data like that.

I can only assume it's all grown so quickly that these issues have become the least of their worries.

It's the prospectus' that get me the most, they've been manually written by someone at FI but are so out of date now.

Yeah with things like the prospectus' they should hide them on the site - if they're not up to date then just don't show them. I get they have other issues but some of these things would take so little time to fix.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.