I've been waiting for the right moment to strike on the players who have had significant drops since the lockdowns began. I think now the index is bursting into life again, maybe this is the time to buy in.
Whilst I'm pessimistic of football happening anytime soon, I do think we will be up and running in some form in around 4 months. So I've put together a list of players I can buy en-masse to take advantage of the market shifting from MB-only back to PB players as expection of football grows. Thus I will put my head on the parapet and say that if you buy all of the following today, you will see a 20% profit by end of July.
My filtering process is:
- Players under £1.20 (spreading the risk is a bit pointless on more expensive players)
- Players who have dropped a minimum of 15% since 1st March
- Players who have dropped a minimum of 5p since 1st March
- Players who are under 30 (as over 30 tends to be a killer on here and might limit buy in)
- I also manually removed a few I felt probably had a risk of not rising again, or were clearly on an IPD high before their drop
The average drop in 30 days on these players since 1st March is 17.5%. If you buy today, you will also get the 8.25% net buy bonus (assuming that you don't sell anything). Therefore even if these players don't reach their previous heights on average, I'm pretty sure there will be a growth of at least 12% in their prices, and add on the bonus you will get to 20%.
I hope you find this useful, either as a 'tracker' buy or helping you find individual bargains at the cheaper end of the Index.